Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

We're All Ears - March Reveal


As soon as I saw the inspiration picture for this month, I knew I wanted to use thread in my earrings. 


My two ideas were making tassels or wrapping thread around hoops. Both ideas centered around the rectangular, pressed glass flower beads I got last week. Since I'd never made any, I thought I would try tassels. I still want to try the others with hoops but need to get more of the flower beads or find some similar shaped ones in my bead hoard stash.  


Here's what I ended up with after I added the beads to the tassels. 


The beads represent the embroidered flowers in the inspiration picture...


and the thread colors of the tassels draw from the embroidery. I really like how they swing and I'll definitely make more in some different colors. 

Here's the Earrings Everyday reveal post with everyone's creations!

11 comments:

  1. I adore your design and thought process. Thanks for the nice comments on the ones I made...you totally figured out the points I took from the illustration! If all goes well I hope to see you in next month's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoy seeing everyone's thought process of illustration to earrings, too.

      Delete
  2. You took inspiration from whole pic and beautiful execution. . love the earrings n tassels too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those tassels, they really bring movement to your design and would be fun to wear...love them...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great connection with the painting through your use of threads! Fun earrings!

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've had fun wearing them already. :)

      Delete
  5. Those pastel tassels are just perfect! I love the softness of the tassels. Lovely earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The softness and pastels made for a great pair of spring earrings.

      Delete
  6. The tassels are perfect! Great design. I love your thought process, too!!

    ReplyDelete